As the Kyusa February class comes to an end, we draw special attention to a talk made by our team leader, Noeline Kirabo to the change agents at Jable training Centre in Bugolobi on how she has made it this far in life.
· Know what you want; Not knowing what you want is dangerous and you will never know when you have arrived or achieved it. Therefore everything you want to achieve must be clear and specific. When its clear and specific then it is achievable.
· Make SMART goals; goals have to be set at every point of our lives and they should be SMART; Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time bound. For example, a goal to enroll for a hair dressing course for 1 year and it costs 1 million. The question you need to ask yourself is how will you get that amount of money, will you need to save up for it
· Time management; This is a resources that can`t be replaced therefore needs to be used wisely. Schedule out your appointments, tasks at home, with friends and at work. Be productive with your time.
· Consistency; Develop a culture of consistency .Discipline yourself to achieve tasks and goals. For example, a goal to read a book each month, be consistent and next year the habit will be apart of you.
· Work within your means; Don`t try to impress people who don`t care. Know what goals need to be achieved and work on them per your budget.
· Dream big and be willing to start small because you have go to start from somewhere. Empires are not built in one day. When you dream, begin with the end in mind however implement the dream within your means.
· Be a lifelong learner and not a student. A learner acquires information from anywhere at anytime and is not restricted to a classroom setting. However, the student will most likely learn from a classroom setting which is limiting as there is so much knowledge in books, social media, work places, etc.
· Be accountable to someone. The notion of having an accountability partner might be new or sound queer to some people however it is a good practice to have someone breathing down your throat. Accountability partners help keep you on course, ask tough questions, bruise you and mend you at the same time for your own benefit.
· Find the right balance in life; the right balance between life and work, school and home, family and work, etc. The list is endless, at every stage in life; we embrace various roles and responsibilities which should be balanced out to have a more fulfilling life.
· Put God at the centre of what you do. God reigns supreme and it is important to keep Him at the centre of it all.
Incorporate all the above and watch your life be transformed. At Kyusa, we believe in cultivating disciplines in order to succeed in life.